The directorate of the school
The school is managed through co-leadership. The co-principals are the guarantors of the pedagogical framework and ethical values of the school. They promote the development of the school and are in charge of the administrative and financial management, in collaboration with the office manager.
The teaching staff
The team is made up of generalist and specialist teachers, teaching assistants and trainees. The teaching team meets every week to develop the learning objectives, follow up on each student throughout his/her schooling and ensure the realization of the pedagogical projects in progress. Outside contributors (psychologists, trainers, etc.) are regularly called upon to enrich the reflections and projects in progress.
The team makes collective decisions on pedagogical matters. This collegial approach guarantees the pedagogical and ethical coherence of the teaching at Ecole Active. The teachers are university graduates in their specific fields of teaching.
A team in training
The teaching staff is constantly looking for new teaching tools that are in line with their commitment to the Ecole Active pedagogical project. To this end, each year the team participates in continuing education programs within the framework of national and international training organizations. In addition, several members of the team are active in structures promoting the development and research in active pedagogy.
Recently completed education courses :
- Training in learning approaches with the Groupement Romand d’Education Nouvelle -Geneva
- Training in Peace Education – Graines de Médiateurs (University of Peace, Namur)
- Training in Mental Management (Institut de Formation Pédagogique, Geneva)
- Training in leading philosophy workshops (ProPhilo, Geneva)
- Training in mathematics and grammar (Une Education pour Demain, Maurice Laurent, Gattegno method)
- Monitoring of philosophical communities of inquiry (Alexandre Herriger, trainer for teaching philosophy to children, Geneva)
- Interview management with Sylvie Dubois (psychologist, psychotherapist Geneva)
- Creating specific tools for managing rules and regulations (François Bullat educator at Le Point)
- Assessment: programme, tools and documentation with Jean-Marc Hohl (teacher and trainer at the DIP)
- Reading, spelling, grammar and mathematics with Maurice Laurent (Une Education pour Demain, Gattegno method)
- Philosophy practice for children with Michel de Sasseville (Philosophy teacher at Laval University in Quebec)